With the announcement from the State of Illinois and with guidance from our Bishop and Cabinet, the Covid Recovery Response Team at O'Fallon First UMC has worked hard to develop a plan that is sensitive to health needs and concerns of those entering the building. Every decision was made by using these guiding principles:
1) Do no harm
2) Do all the good you can
3) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
4) Do justly
5) Love mercifully
6) Walk humbly before the Lord
The following policies have been put into place for Sunday mornings and throughout the week.
- Masks are required for all people indoors at all times regardless of vaccination status.
- Please refrain from close contact (hugs, handshakes, etc.).
- Make use of the hand sanitizing stations frequently.
- Extend mercy, grace and peace to one another during this time. We all have different needs and comfort levels.
Communion Safety Practices
- Those serving communion will be masked and thoroughly sanitize their hands
- Elements will be served by the Pastors and Communion Stewards
- Physical distancing will be encouraged while coming forward for communion
- Sealed, self-contained elements will be provided for those who need them